Monday, February 07, 2005

Football and pub

Alot of people have asked me why am I coming to the UK? And inevitably, people would assume that I came over here because of football. But that's not really true.. unless if i was a football player then it is a totally diffrent story. I still haven't been to watch any games yet. As for games that are televised on the TV then, I would say that the coverage in Australia is not that bad, at least I have cable TV at home but over here, if you want to watch the football games, you have to have cable TV.

Which means that if Everton was playing, I would have to go to a pub to watch the game. So far we have been to the pub twice and twice we felt disgusted afterward due to the smoking. I don't think Tan could take it much longer. This weekend Everton is playing Chelsea and it is shown live on Fox. The solution would be to find a friend who has Fox and self-invite my self over. The only person i know who is a football fan and has fox lives over at Cambridge.

The beer is not bad.. If only we can find a non-smoking pub.

Back to football... I have played football twice now. I play on Tuesday night with a bunch of guys from Vineyard church. Tuesday night is their training night and they play on Saturday.

We play at a community sport centre which means that they have to book the football court. We start at 6:30 and finishes at 7:30 and it is played under lights in a court similar sized to indoor soccer. The thing is, the courts are outdoor and it is freezing. The people are more skillful and bigger than what I was used to.

The ground is concrete. good luck if you fall down.

No comments: