Thursday, May 25, 2006

Finally an update

It is lunch time now. Had a crappy baugett. It was too chewey. Lately I had a sudden urge to update this blog. Also, have been more interested in publishing more of my photos online. Hopefully, if I don't lose interest, I will publish more photos soon of our travels. Matt, the guy who sits next to me at work sent me a link where I can download a program which would install apache, php and mysql on Windows. How cool is that. Really feel like getting back into programming.

Firstly, I went to South Wales with some friends a few weeks ago and here are the photos. We visited Chepstow castle and the abbey at Tintern.

Tan and I visited Amsterdam during the weekend and the photos are up. We had Monday and Tuesday off and would like to go somewhere. Having visited Amsterdam earlier in February (photos not up yet), I was quite reluctant to return to Amsterdam. The only reason we went there was so that we can visit the Gardens at Keukenhof. The gardens are only open for 2 months each year during spring and attracts 800,000 visitors. We being 2 of the 800,000 this year. I have to say I was quite dissappointed as it was the end of the season. They extended the opening day by two days and close last Sunday which was when were there. I wasn't aware there they would have cut all off the tulips. As you can see on the photos, there are still some tulips there but lots of them have been cut off. As you view the photos, just imagine that they are there.

Amsterdam is a nice city. Nice canals but the thing I like most about it is that fact that people cycle everywhere. It helps being a largly country. It is too hilly to cycle in Bristol.

Talking of which. I was given a bike last year which haven't had the chance to use. Apparently this Saturday, I have been invited to join my work collegue on a bicycle ride from Bristol to Bath which is approximately 30 miles. I am still contemplating if I should go along. Firstly the bike might not last. The bike haven't been used for about 4 years. Secondly, the rider haven't ridden a bike for at least 5 years. That the peril of having a car.

No comments: