Thursday, May 25, 2006

Football (all codes)

Football season have finished, both in England and also in the league I play in. I play in the Bristol church league and we were in the Second division. There are only two division. This year we won the second division and will be promoted next year.

Incidently, I won the most improved played award for my club. Quite happy about that. The standard here is higher than what I was used to back in Brisbane. It is cooler as well and the pitches have grass on them. I was amazed that some Saturday morning, I struggle to get out of bed to go play football as it is soooo cold. It is worst when it is raining and cold.

I was happy to hear that Australia beat Greece 1-0 in a friendly played that MCG. On another note, QLD lost to NSW in the first State of Origin by a solitary point. Must have been a cracker of a game.

No comments: