Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Weather and other things

I guess i don't update my blog very often. and when i do i tend to write a whole heap. i think this tells me a bit about myself. i tend to do thing with a large burst of energy. which could also explain, especially with studies why i am mostly a last minute person. i don't think i can schedule a time for entering blog every day. I don't think i can stick to the schedule. Maybe I can.. it can become a habit. I was told that habits are formed if you do something about 15 times? So, if i keep blogging at a specific time of the day for 15 days then it will become second nature. I can just imagine myself doing it.. NOT

The problem with not blogging at a regular interval is that you have sOOO much you want to say and i dunno where to start. even if i do start somewhere, things will start to pop into my mind and as a result it will be one huge incoherent mess.

I think i will break it down by topics which would makes sense. I might also repeat myself but who doesn't?

On the topic of repeating oneself, should we interrupt people when they are recalling some facts/stories which you have heard from the before? should we just pretend that we haven't heard it before and let the speaker enjoy themself as they try to recount their tales?

First of. The weather in England, Bristol, not England because even though england might be a small country the weather varies. I, we (Tan agrees on this point) are happy that we are in Bristol. We were looking at the calander the other day and noticed that day light saving starts in March, which means that winter is ending soon. We already had the shortest day of the year last month and things, weather wise, could only get better.

So Far, (things might change during the second half of winter), I thought that the winter is not bad. I was expecting much worse. It is not terribly cold except for a few days and when you are under-dress. I like it here. So Far. I think i have to say so far because we have only been here for about 1 1/2 months. It hasn't really rained that much yet. and generally temp is around 5-11 during the day. We bought a 13.5 TOG duvet, so as long as we are under cover, we are fine at night.

The british has a standard of measuring the warmth of duvets using TOGs. I am not sure what it stands and it range from 7 to 15. 13.5 then is just nice. it could get a bit warm in the summer maybe? we should find that out in a few months time.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Richmond:

Hi Leong! :)

You should email everyone when you update your blog.

Who were you listening to recounting a tale that they had recounted before? I usually allow them to continue their story, particularly if it's a good one.

We have a blog set up now too: http://euro.meyobbo.com/

You'll need a username/password to access it, email me for the details.